Thursday, July 17, 2014

Chatting #148


1.  D3 is facing wisdom teeth removal. Have you had your wisdom teeth removed? Yes, several years ago.  I have had lots of dental work since. Just this past year, I have had a lot of painful and expensive work....take care of your teeth.

2.  Today Wendell is serving iced tea, iced coffee, and carrot juice. He wants me to ask you which you'd prefer.  I am loving ice coffee this summer, so that will do, Carrot juice is not my cup o' tea, Wendell, but ice tea would be my second choice.


3.  If you use a crock pot, do you have a favorite recipe? If not, what is your favorite, easy "go to" recipe? Crockpot enchiladas, it is sort of a layered casserole. Layer your enchilada ingredients, with your sauce, and about 6-8 tortillas I used canned sauce, and cook 5-6 hours.  I make it in the oven the rest of the year, but in the crock pot in the summer.  Tamale pie is good too.  Recipes are online for both.


4.  Do you prefer to wash dishes by hand or dishwasher? Yes, I know some of us probably don't like dish washing. Wendell flat out refuses! I just answered this question this weekend and I like to wash by hand first thing in the morning so that I can soak my hands in hot water. I set them to dry in the dishwasher, then run them all when I get a load.


5.  What are you looking forward to?  Back to dental work, I want to get my bridge work completed so I can chew again. I am also ready to get the RV fixed and get some travel in this summer.


I just took the doggies for a walk and ran into Maggie and Jiggs heading for home.  We weren't able to go to the Blue Grass festival with them on the 4th, and they said, as usual, since Mr BC and I weren't with them, the weather was beautiful, and maybe we are weather jinxes. I wish the RV were already serviced so we could have traveled locally this week as the weather has been dry and rather cool.  




1 comment :

  1. I find washing up by hand quite therapeutic... don't ask me why washing dirty dishes should have that effect. However, most times I use the dishwasher because I usually have to dash out after a main meal.

    ReplyDelete