Words to live by...Since I have started this blog I have dredged up everything I learned about writing from school. I read all the writing pointers, that my fellow bloggers shared with me before starting this challenge. I think I write well enough, but this list of rules that I originally found as a posting on mlkshk, (a really fun place to visit.)* They are really rules that I need to remember when I write.
1) Avoid Alliteration Always.
2) Prepositions are not words to end sentences with.
3) The passive voice is to be avoided.
4) Avoid cliches like the plague, they are old hat.
5) It is bad to ever split an infinitive.
6) Writers should never generalize.
Seven: be Consistent.
8) Do not use more words than necessary. It is highly superfluous.
9) Be more or less specific.
10) Exaggeration is a billion times worse than understatement.
*Parenthetical remarks (however relevant) are unnecessary.
Stolen from, Frank L. Visco More suggestions, more or less good, at the link.