Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!
The theme this week fits perfectly with April A to Z. F is for Friends!
1) How did you meet your best friend?
I met Lauretta in my freshman year of high school in Gym and we became friends in our Junior year. We have kept up with each other over the years. My Best Friend whom I see regularly is Maggie, we have been friends since 1966. Now that we live in the same town we see each other all the time. I refer to them on my Blog as Maggie and Jigs.
2) Mother Winters used to say she loved all us kids equally, but at various times she liked one of us more than the others. Does your "friend ranking" ever shift? Or is the person you think of today as your best friend always #1?
My best friend ranking depends on proximity. However, once you are a friend you are always a friend whether I've know you for days or years.
3) What makes you a good friend?
I am loyal, I don't talk about you behind your back. I try to get along with your significant other. I am fun and I will be there for you.
4) Think back to your childhood -- what games did you and your friends like to play?
My neighborhood was close and at the end of the street was and elementary school. The janitor was careful to lock the gates loosely so that we could slip through them to play on the playground after hours. We played four square and tether ball. We would pack up our belonging in our wagons and play Wagon Train around the street, camping on front lawns for an half-hour or so, then moving on.
5) Would you rather lose your hair, or the little toe on your left foot? (Yes, you must commit to giving one up.)
I thought about a toe because I have one that will rub if the shoe fit is wrong. But I am already unsteady on my feet. So I will lose the hair and buy cool wigs.
6) Think of the phrase, "like nails on a blackboard." What is your least favorite sound?
My 14 month grandson crying and nails on the blackboard would run a close second.
7) Do you add fabric softener to your wash or place a softener sheet in the dryer?
I have a new washer with a cool dispenser so I add fabric softener. I really like how it makes my clothes smell wonderful.
Netflix, Hulu and Amazon Prime for pay per view.